Two Year Old and Nursery Provision
From September 2014 we have been able to offer provision for two year old children who fit the Local Authority eligibility check. While your child attends Johnson Fold Nursery we want them to be very happy, stimulated, confident and be able to reach their full potential.
Working together with parents we will ensure:
- That your child is in a safe, happy and stimulating environment at all times.
- Discuss your child’s morning or afternoon with you.
- Give you written and verbal reports of your child’s progress at nursery.
- Keep you informed with regular newsletters.
- Inform you of how the nursery works and how we will conduct the day with your child.
- Inform you of our policies and procedures
We will ask that you:
- Send your child to nursery as regularly as possible.
- Ensure that your child arrives and is collected on time.
- Let us know if your child cannot attend nursery.
- Inform us of any illness, injury or injections your child may have had.
- Tell us if you have any worries or concerns.
- Name your child’s belongings.
This way we can promote our school motto of “Partners in Progress” and give children the best start to their learning journey to ensure that, as our school mission statement says, they are able “To be the best that they can be.”
How do I get my child into the Two Year Old provision?
Some children are eligible for a free place in our provision for Two Year Olds. If you think your child may be eligible for a free 2 year old place call into Heaton and Lostock Neighbourhood Children's Centre. It is on the corner of New Hall Lane and Wellbeck Road. They will be able to check if your child is eligible and a letter will then be issued to bring to us if we have a space available.
Your letter will be placed on our waiting list and we will contact you as your child turns 2, if there is a place available.
How do I get my child into the Nursery?
If your child is due to turn three or four and you would like them to join our Nursery, then please complete an application form at the school office. As your child turns three or four, we will contact you to see if you are still interested in a place, if there is one available.
For further information please look on the Bolton Council Website.