Here at Johnson Fold we recognise the importance of Pupil Voice. The UN charter of “Rights and Responsibilities” is reflected in our school rules:
1. We keep our hands and feet to ourselves.
2. We follow instructions first time.
3. We are polite and show respect for everyone.
4. We move around the building sensibly.
5. We work quietly and engage in lessons without shouting out.
6. We look after all property.
All children from YR to Y6 are arranged into “families” with a cross section of children from across school for the weekly “Family Gathering Assembly” on Thursday. Each family is represented by two councillors, elected democratically by the family to represent them on the school council.
The school council meet every fortnight to discuss ideas or issues and then take their ideas to the Senior Leadership Team.
They are involved in lots of aspects of school life from fund raising to helping to choose new staff and their opinions are greatly received and valued.
Worston Avenue, Bolton, BL1 5UG